Monday, July 19, 2010

Chi (AKA Emperor Chi) - Air Out

One of the things I love to do on RTWK, is get unsigned artists a little exposure! Long time readers of RTWK know that I do a 'Follow of the Week' feature every friday! Most of the time I find an artist on Twitter and check out all their pages, Reverb, Facebook Fan, YouTube channels etc but sometimes I ask my followers "WHO WANTS THE FEATURE?" 

In April, I asked my followers, and got a response from Audio of Ryde Out Records and he told me I should check out Emperor Chi. I had already heard some of his music and liked what I heard so now I just needed the back story!

I went into my normal routine and got his Bio, songs, links, downloads, videos and that friday, Emperor Chi had the 'Follower of the Week' spot!


I can say, with GREAT pride, that he is from around my way and I love seeing him progress! I was just cooking dinner and got the BBM fro Chi with a link to his video for "Air Out," so I had to put down the knife and check it out!!


Chi - Air Out
Produced by Jovonn The Don ( @Jovonn )
Directed by Michel Dessources Jr. 
RYDE OUT RECORDS/Rockland Music Group


As usual, LOVE the work Chi is putting it out!! This track is TOUGH, from the underbelly to video! I think putting the entire video in black and white was a great idea. I feel like black and white actually makes it easier for people to pay attention to the word being said. If you don't like this track/video, you need a lesson!!

"I must love this rap shit cause I don't need the bread. I think I'm just tired of duckin from the Ds and Feds. Why don't you just humble up and let your beef be dead, cause niggas won't respect that, they want the beast instead."

Make sure you read the Follower of the Week feature (link below the picture) before you leave RTWK!!! 

Follower Chi on Twitter: @ChiMovement


No comments:

Post a Comment