Friday, August 13, 2010

Wiz Khalifa covers HoneyMag!





MTV2s "Hottest Breakthrough MC of 2010" had to sit down with Honey again to discuss the growth that has occurred for Wiz since their last sit down, 6 months ago.

Before the interview began, Wiz was eager to show off his new back tat!! To fans of Wiz, most prominently "The Taylor Gang," it is obvious that new ink hasn't been the only change for him.
His Breakthrough MC award and his recent singing with Atlantic Records has brought Wiz to the forefront, where many believe he belongs!

Deal or No Deal was fitting for its time, after leaving Warner Brothers. He then released many mixtapes, with his latest Kush and Orange Juice topping off at over a million downloads to date!

Now while working on his new album (still untitled) with his new label, Khalifa is about to be thrown into the madness of his North American tour, which kicks off in Phila mid-September. 


Wiz doesn't believe in "Groupies"
 "I love women by the way. I don’t consider ya’ll groupies at all, my female fans.  So keep giving me all that love ya’ll are giving me.” 

  It's this kind of attitude that makes me love him and will take him to the top
 "I just keep doing what I’m doing and anybody who knows me, knows that I’m versatile. I can make radio singles, but I’m not doing anything extra or going out of my way to try to do them. I’m trying to make the best, the biggest, the newest, and most creative music that I know how to make.”

 When it comes to touring, he is diving in head first
"I’ve just been touring, and working on my album. I’m gearing up for my second tour called the “Wake and Bake Tour.” I think tickets just went on pre-sale.  “The Wake and Bake Tour” is just… weed fest.  We’re trying to have it be more than just one tour. We’re going to do more and more “Wake and Bake” tours. We want to have it like events, with bigger and better artists.  My tours are crazy, right now.  There are so many artists that are getting crazy radio play right now but just can’t tour so I’m taking advantage of that right now.”







No comments:

Post a Comment