Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lucky Strike...Gutter Ball??

Last night was supposed to mark the end Hot97s Funk Flex Birthday events. Lucky Strike in the Palisades Mall, West Nyack, New York, should have been a ZOOVIE last night! 

I woke up this morning and thought about my night and a lot came to light! I was disappointed to say the least but I don't know if it was due to the people of Rockland or the lack of appearance by Fab!


If you live in Rockland then you know everyone is always complaining about how there is nothing to do and its never jumping. We are making moves and coming up slowly but surely, but really after last night, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any big name appearances for a while.

Let's see, almost every appearance at NV Lounge in Suffern, ended with cops breaking up fights, and although last night did not end in that fashion, it didn't have the turnout I would have thought.
Now those making he appearance get paid so, in a way, they could care less, but the more sour appearances, the quicker there will be no more!




Flex did his thing!! 
Had a chance to sit down with him and talk for a little bit, he is definitely a cool dude.
Talked past appearances and what's poppin in Rockland.






Fab came in with a niice little entourage and a few security, who yelled at me like I was some crazed fan! I understand his doing his job and I guess he expected me to jump on Fab as he walked passed me  but umm, yeaa I don't do that!! 

But anyway.... Fab walked in and went straight up to the DJ booth and posted behind Flex.
He grabbed the Mic and spit of Lights Out, here is a little video:


Fab then went and sat at a table, got bottles and took a few pictures with some fans. Bottles were done, he was out! 


It was a good look for Rockland but I wish there was a bigger turnout!
As expected some of the best from the ROCK were out there...
Shouts to:
MBC
RMG
A-Team
RydeOut
TRENDSETTERS
anyone I forgot SORRY!! 


BIG SHOUTS TO FUNK FLEX AND FAB FOR COMING THROUGH!


Next time, ROCKLAND, we better show out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment