Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lil Wayne on Hot97!!

While driving back from the bronx, I switched to Hot97 and hear Lil Wayne's voice. Of course I kept it on! Discusses release of EP, his release in November, what his day is like and fan mail getting him through and more!


It was great to hear Lil Wayne and honestly, he sounded GREAT!!! I wonder what his writing is like in this state of mind and how long it will last. 

When Flex commented on Lil Wayne's fan support being LARGE this is what Wayne had to say: 
"No Flex its, its been more than amazing brother. I promise, I can't explain the love and support I've been getting from my fans and I never knew, I never knew it was like that, the way it is and I've been doin this for what? 16 years now...It's breathe taking!"

What's Weezy listening to? Really he says sports if anything but,
"I've never listened to any other music but my own...I don't listen to anything but my thoughts man."

When asked about who he wants to work with upon his release in November, Wayne had this to say:
"I really really want to do a song with either Andre 3000 or my man, I really like my man Tech 9 from the West Coast, other than that, I been tryin to do a song with this little dude, this boy Weezy, that boy Weezy he stupid!" 


How often does he talk to Drake?
"I call Drake at least, once a week, I actually call 3 or 4 times a week but he only picks 
up for me once a week"

Nicki:
"That being my future wife, we talk every night (laughter) same goes for her man, I  really don't like to disturb them and bother them in the midst of what their doin right now because I know they have a lot on their plate every single day right now."

Its sad, understandable to a point, that Lil Wayne feels like he is bothering his team when he calls. He explains his feelings!


A day for Lil Wayne:
Waking up around Noon, call Mack, fam and kids, and gets right to the fan mail, which he says knocks hours off his day. After reading and responding to fan mail, its dinner time. A few more phone calls then the day is done.

My favorite part of this phone call, Flex asked if he has thought about why he is there and what he plans to do different:
"Everybody says, your here for a reason, so I promise you Flex, I try to find that reason everyday, I pray for that reason and I think that when I get out, that will be the only time I know the answer."


Video from inside the studio with Flex is up and here it is:







I love this Flex call with Wayne! It gave fans a chance to see another side of Wayne. He's joking with Flex, discussing things that may not have ever been in a interview before and really giving the fans something to look forward to.  I'm looking forward to the EP, I am Not a Human, internet only release in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment