Friday, September 17, 2010

20th Follower of the Week UPDATE!!



Being that this will be my 20th Follower of the Week post, 
I have decided to go back and pick out some of my favorites and give you a little update!


When I decided to start FOTW, I didn't have the Twitter buzz that I do now and therefore wasn't sure how I would get it done every week or how long it would last. 

I have missed a few weeks here and there due to circumstances beyond my control but I try my hardest to get it done because it is one of my favorite parts of RTWK!


My first post was done when I was still in college and I was searching through my Twitfam 
looking for  someone worthy of the first spot!


The first Follower of the Week spot went to:
@DeeJaySchemes!




When I wrote about him in August of 2009, he was THE DJ, of Morgantown, WV
 and was also doing work in Pittsburgh as well as areas in between. 
He was killin' the clubs and was pumping out mixtape after mixtape.

My favorite milestone for him up to that point happened just a few months earlier. I remember him going to Atlanta on a DJ Retreat and coming back hype after all he had met and everything he had done.
It wasn't long after he returned that he released information on him being signed as a DTP DJ! 

Having conquered Morgantown and the surrounding area, it was time to find something new. He has changed his Twitter name, moved and began his take over in a new city!

Now, @djschemes has moved on to bigger and better things.
He is a Powerhouse DJ as well as being signed to DTP DJs so, when he was thinking of where to relocate, joining the rest of his Powerhouse family in the DMV was the obvious choice.

Now living in Laurel, Maryland, he has began his takeover of Washington, DC!
You can find him at The Rserve every Friday!
Although he moved out of WV, he can't stay away. He is in Martinsburg, WV 
at Red Cafe Lounge every Thursday.

He relaunched his Powerhouse Radio show on Tuesday nights, "Turn It Up Tuesdays."
He as also started a new show on KJMM Tulsa! He does the "Mid-Day Cafe" every Tuesday!
Listen LIVE every week from 1-2pm on KJAMZ 105.3!!!!

This weekend he will be back in Morgantown to DJ for TSM Records as they open for Young Jeezy!!

Sunday he's back in DC celebrating his Birthday with "Status Sundays" at Pure Lounge!

Check out his Follower of the Week feature from August 2009!

FOLLOW @djschemes!!!


Its only right if I transition to the Number 7 spot since he will be on stage with DJ Schemes 
this Saturday at Mylan Park in Morgantown, WV. 

@HasiWuu




Since his feature in March of this year, he was splitting his time between
 Economics books and the booth.
Hasi Wuu had released 2 mixtapes and was ready to start his third.

Hasi Wuu and his TSM Records family had performed a few shows in Morgantown, the biggest being their opening for Lupe Fiasco at the 2009 Sprite Step-Off.

He is now done with school and putting in even more work in the booth,
which is hard believe based on his time spent before he got his degree.

Hasi Wuu is currently working on music for his new mixtape Hasaan Everything Good.

If your in the Morgantown area, TOMORROW NIGHT, show Hasi Wuu and the rest of TSM Records love and show face at the Young Jeezy concert at Mylan Park!

Check out his Follower of the Week feature from March for more information including downloads!

FOLLOW @HasiWuu!!!


Next, I move on to the Number 12 spot with my fellow Broadcast Journalism Mountaineer,
 @LuvElizabethany




EB started her blog, Love, Elizabethany before graduating from WVU but it was after 
she earned her Journalism degree and moved back to Woodbridge, Virginia
 that she became one of my favorite bloggers. 

It was her "Finding the Real World DC" that lead her into the race for MTVs First TJ or Twitter Jockey!
It was when she was competing for the position that I decided it was the 
perfect time for her to get her Follower of the Week spot!

I am sad to report that she did not win the TJ spot but luckily she had just moved to Texas to start working at Candy95!!

Since returning to College Station, Texas from the Live Finale to the WTV TJ Search, she is back to her normal routine of daytime radio on Candy95, Truth or Dare with the internet and just yesterday celebrated the 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY of Love, Elizabethany!!

Re-visit her Follower of the Week feature from just a few months ago!



Quick Updates on a few others:


Releasing his latest mixtape Chi - The Ambassador on Saturday, September 25th!!
Visit Datpiff.com for the download next Saturday!


Also releasing his latest mixtape later this month on CasperG.com



Most importantly, FOLLOW @KelzAKARealTalk!!!! 



To get your Follower of the Week spot,
email all necessary information to RealTalkwithKelz13@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment