Thursday, August 13, 2009

Queen Latifah releasing new Album

















Queen Latifah's new album "Persona" is set to be released August 25th and I will definitely BUY my copy!! This album is said to converge Queen's strength in hip hop and the joy of pop which created an entire new sound for this album.

From her debut album "All Hail the Queen" in 1989 she has always put forth her great talent and tell amazing stories and lessons through her music. Now, I am only 24 and was 4 years old when that album came out, so my first Queen album was Black Reign in 1993. Although I was 8 goin on 9, I remember my sister, who was 19 at the time getting me in her room and playing the album. She used Queen to help get me into the music she was listening to because the message was good. U N I T Y! I remember dancing around with my sister to that song and being in her backseat with it blasting in my ear! Her last album was released in 2007, "Trav'lin' Light." Throughout her career we have seen her on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Hangin' with Mr.Cooper and, my favorite, LIVING SINGLE!!! It was her roll on Living Single that made me want to have my own music magazine or be involved in the music industry in some way!! She has been in movies such as House Party 2, Juice, Barber Shop 2, Beauty Shop and Last Holiday. She is a Grammy winner! She has been nominated for on Oscar! Golden Globe Winner!!

Her new album "Persona" comes out August 25th!!! She tells the story of growing up in Jersey, tells the story of relationships! Features by Busta Rhymes, Serani and Missy Elliot. Produced by Cool and Dre with a track produced y Pharrell Williams.!!! PICK IT UP PEOPLE!!!! LET'S BUY ALBUMS AGAIN!!!! SUPPORT THE ARTISTS DOING GREAT WORK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment